Chic People
Glamorous Places
Stylish Things

todd alexander romano- elle decor

nate berkus- elle decor

nate berkus- elle decor

bobby mcalpine and hal cato- house and garden

bobby mcalpine and hal cato- house and garden

nate berkus- elle decor

ralph rucci- elle decor

daryl carter- veranda

miles redd- house beautiful

j. randall powers- elle decor

thomas o’brien- house and garden

david netto- elle decor

carlos aparicio- elle decor

daryl carter- elle decor

francisco costa

francisco costa

giancarlo giammetti- town & country

daniel romualdez- house and garden

“BACHELOR PADS” - 7 Comments

1. oH, mARK….THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POSTING TODAY. AFTER 12 YEARS OF MARRIAGE (3YRS OF LEGAL MARRIAGE), i FIND MYSELF (EMBARRASSINGLY) IN DIVORCE. a STRONG PROPONENT AND ACTIVIST FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY, I’VE FOUGHT HARD FOR YEARS FOR MARRIAGE BECAUSE I BELIEVE WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BODY, EVERY OUNCE OF MY SOUL, IN COMMITMENT AND THE TREMENDOUS OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH THAT IT OFFERS BOTH PARTIES. SADLY, MY OTHER HALF HAD A SECRET LIFE, AND THOUGH I GAVE IT MY ALL TO REPAIR, THE SECRET LIFE PERSISTED. IT’S BEEN HARD. I’M BEING FORCED TO SELL MY HOME, HALF MY ASSETS ARE BEING PURSUED (AND i HAVE NO REGRETS THAT i MARRIED, ONLY THAT i MARRIED THE WRONG PERSON..WHATEVER i LOSE IS WORTH LOSING TO HAVE HAD THE RIGHT TO CHOSE TO MARRY), AND I’M STILL HEARTBROKEN–THOUGH i SHOULDN’T BE.

wHAT distracts me is planning my new space. It will be severely smaller, my life will be more simple, edited and cozy. I’ve not found that space yet, but that doesn’t stop me from sketching new elevations, pieces, combinations of color and pattern. Ralph Rucci’s pad has long been a favorite of mine. Actually, you’ve published in one convenient place a number of spaces i’ve admired for years, and a few I’ve not seen before.

so, here is what you’ve done for me today through your blog. When i am out on appointments, when my attorney or ex calls with anxiety raising news, when i’m feeling sad and wistful, when i’m away from my sketch pad, i now can bring up this entry from your wonderful blog and escape…no matter where i am. you’ve provided me with a pocket full of hope, no further away from me than my cell phone…and hope is what I live on lately.

bet when you began your blog you didn’t expect your blog to do all that for someone, but it does. Thank you for your daily posts, and keep up the good work, mark. you make life more beautiful for so many.

Warmest regards,
    Mike

• hi mike- you brought a tear to my eye- this is why i do this, it’s my joy, joy to me and what i’m finding joy to others. beauty is so paramount, not superficial beuaty , but really beauty- ya know?

take care, hang in there, be strong! create a new beautiful home, the best revenge!

2. Love a masculine space — always have.

3. Mark,

Oh what a delight to view all these magical spaces!! I could easy see myself in any or ALL!!-)) Brilliant design by all the very talented men.

@Mike, I, too had tears in my eyes. First everyone should have the right to be married. And happy…Sadly, it does not always work out as we dreamt it would be…Now is the time to take care of yourself. Pamper yourself. But, you must stay on top of all the deals or non deals that go to your lawyer!! Make sure you get full disclosure. Trust me on this one…I didn’t. Think STAPLEs!!

With all that said…Mark, gave you the best advice. “GO out and create the best home for yourself!” I wish you much happiness coming your way…Sooner than later. ~mss.

4. Mike, next time get a signed and notarized pre-nuptial agreement.

5. thank you all so much for your compassion, support and recommendations. While I will continue to fight for marriage equality, I likely shall never reapply for membership, but will forever be grateful that I had the opportunity to do so once. my love for my dogs, my friends, family and work will carry me through, and if a romantic love presents itself again in the future, I’ll cherish and nurture it, but probably won’t marry it.

meanwhile, i really do look forward to (this will sound selfish) living in an undiluted space, where I can drive home my aesthetic. Okay, i shouldn’t admit this because i will lose all credibility, but remember that love can find you stretching personal boundaries and accepting strange things. my soon to be ex was an avid collector of…..here it comes….Thomas kincaid, which i managed to keep in one room (his favorite room), so as not to have them stray throughout the house, thereby ending my career. So, with all the heartache and challenges, there are also positive notes to acknowledge, a farewell to kincaid and poorly executed plaid are among them. Living well really is the best revenge, and i’m off to a great start.

again, thank you so much, guys. you all gave me a lift today. and, mark, you really are doing a fine job. I used to begin my day with matt lauer, but that has changed. Now, every morning i grab a cup of coffee or tea, and before i read the news or take a call, i eagerly read your blog–it is a terrific way to begin my day.

Oh…and you inspired me to break out the cargo pants again…my Lord, I missed them!

6. I am so with mike,it puts such a pep iN ones step to start the day with such a well editored visual feast

• 2