it’s friday, here are the things i’ve been obsessing over this week…
– thanks to nick olsen i’m really into what he calls “baroque minimalism”. love this editorial from house & garden back in 1988- more to come on this! in the mean time will someone please work on bringing house & garden back? i miss it!
– my new favorite model is sam rollinson (don’t you love her name too?). she’s a mix of annette lauer, stella tennant and my favorite, the beautiful marina rust. sam is featured in the new march 2014 issue of vogue a few times… oh, and i love, love, love her bob and bangs- chic!
– have you ever wanted to sell something- like a great piece of furniture that’s worth something, a piece of art, or lamp? well, now you can on hunters alley. the alley was created by the team behind one kings lane, and it’s genius, even better- it’s easy! you can now sell your old treasures and find new ones- i’m obsessed!
– street fashion can be bad sometimes and it can be great sometimes. overall, i think all the fall 2014 street fashion has risen to the occasion- loving this particular look, giving it the “MDS look of the week!” do you like it?
– i’m loving the new spring advertising campaign for shinola, the growing watch and leather good company, photographed by bruce weber. the campaign is weber brilliance featuring model carolyn murphy. everything is shot in detroit aiming to revitalize manufacturing in the city.
– last but not least, i’m loving a white shirt. well, i always love a white shirt and there are so many amazing new ones in the MDS Store. here are few of my favorites, something for everyone- happy shopping and happy weekend!