Chic People

Valentino

Window- Mark D. Sikes- Image 7

Window- Mark D. Sikes- Image 6

2c3b6f62e93c5a2ead699dfad6d9fe0d

Window- Mark D. Sikes- Image 11

“ORIENT EXPRESS” - 22 Comments

1. Mark you have surpassed yourself! this is just beautiful.

2. i thoroughly enjoyed #lcdqla 2014 and your window was certainly a highlight. Beautiful.

3. Mark, A fabulous window, I have traveled on the Orient Express, so anything ABOUT it brings back wonderful memories!
    Xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

4. HI MARK,
    lOVE THE WINDOW YOU DID FOR HOLLYHOCK! WHERE DID YOU FIND THE LUCITE COFFEE TABLE?? nEED ONE FOR A CLIENT. THANKS SO MUCH

• Hi Janette- thank you for your comment. the lucite table is a Hollyhock design. Hollyhock is a store/ showroom here in L.A. Have a great week!

Fondly,
      MDS

5. beautiful window! where are those chairs from? i’ve been looking for ones like those for a long time!

• hi pavela- thank you for the comment…the chairs are from Hollyhock here in L.A. good luck!

Fondly,
      MDS

6. Mark, you are a true talent. absolutely gorgeous down to every last detail. thank you for selecting my paintings to be a part of your beautiful creation! i am honored and hope that we will be able to work together again!

7. hi mark, it was such a beautiful window, I have clients that want to move in. Are the lighting fixtures (pendant and ceramic) available at hollyhock? I love them! thanks :)

• hi chloe- thank you for the note. the light is a Lindsey Adelman fisture…i got it from Future Perfect in San Francisco. take care- MDS

8. Very, very pretty window! Can you tell us where the blue & white floor tiles are from?

9. Dear Mark, my family lived in Asia in the 60s-70s and my mother had a huge collection of blue and white. I never fully appreciated it until i began following your blog. I recently inherited much of the pottery and instead of putting it in storage i created a space to display it in my home, thanks to you. It is beautiful and reminds me of my childhood. Thanks for inspiring!

10. Hi Mark!
    Love your blue and white version of Orient Express! My mother always decorated our living room (growing up) with an Orient theme, but hers was Sage green and cream/white….she would have lived your take! Hugs

11. I want to move into your window. Perfection. I felt so happy looking at it, like a blue & white dream come true. …the divine is in the details. btw, what tiles did you use, haven’t seen those before?
    thanks for such beauty, melanie

12. Wondering where the large panel behind the chairs is from?

13. bEYOND BEAUTIFUL. pERFECT. cONGRATS.
    aND i’M THE THIRD TO ASK WHERE THE FLOOR TILES ARE FROM. cOULD YOU PLEASE ANSWER. mARK? aRE THOSE FROM cOUNTRY FLOORS?

• hi david- the floors were hand painted white tiles inspired by a blue and white portuguese tile… they were white vinyl tiles that came in a box and we made something beautiful out of them- shhh! MDS

14. Hi mark! I was wondering if you could tell me what fabric you Used for the piping on the les touches chairs? I am tRying to recover a headboard with the same fabric and it would be beautiful with the piping, but i can’t find the right blue. Thank you in Advance!

15. OMG. I cAN’T BELIEVE HOW TALENTED YOU ARE! tHOSE FLOOR TILES ARE MAGNIFICENT. yOU’RE A GENIUS.

16. […] feel next to the blue and white porcelain beside it. Designed by the #blueandwhiteforever fan Mark D. Sikes. Photo by Bethany […]

• 2